You don't have to cook the peaches for this pie, so you keep the yummy, fresh taste. This is definitely a recipe I will make every summer.
¼ cup lemon juice
3 cups fresh sliced peaches
1 cup sugar - divided
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons Butter
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon vanilla or almond flavoring (I prefer vanilla)
- Toss the lemon juice and peaches with 1/2 cup sugar. Allow the mix to sit for one hour in the refrigerator.
- Drain fruit and save one cup of the juice. If there isn't 1 cup of juice, add enough water or juice to make 1 cup. (If I need to, I use peach nectar or apple juice.)
- In a sauce pan melt butter and cornstarch to make a rough.
- Add the juice, ½ cup sugar, salt, and flavoring.
- With a wire whisk, blend until well mixed. Bring to a boil stirring until thick.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly; about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the fruit and pour into a 10" cooked pie shell. Chill for 3 hours or overnight.