Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have tried through the years to make a good chocolate chip cookie and have failed every time.  They were either flat and greasy or cakey, but never that perfect in between.
My friend Melanie gave me this recipe and I tried it with success!  I am so excited...but not as much as my family.  They finally get chocolate chip cookies again.


1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips (I used half peanut butter chips and half chocolate)
1 cup walnuts (optional)


  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Cream butter and both sugars until smooth.  Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
  • Dissolve baking soda in hot water.  Add to batter with the salt.  Stir in flour, chocolate chips and nuts.
  • Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
  • Bake for 11 minutes in preheated oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment