My friend Melanie gave me this recipe and I tried it with success! I am so excited...but not as much as my family. They finally get chocolate chip cookies again.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips (I used half peanut butter chips and half chocolate)
1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and both sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter with the salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for 11 minutes in preheated oven.