Out of all the zucchini recipes I've tried this summer, this is my favorite one so far. I could make this once a week and be very happy.
3 medium zucchini
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 Tb pizza seasoning or italian seasoning
2 eggs, beaten
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with oil. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut off the ends of each zucchini and then cut them into strips. Place the zucchini in a large strainer or a bowl and sprinkle about 1 Tb of salt on them. This is to extract some of the water out of them. Leave them for about an hour.
- Make your batter by combining the bread crumbs, Parmesan and seasoning.
- When your zucchini has shed it's water, rinse off the salt and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Bread the zucchini strips by first placing them in the bowl with the beaten eggs and then into the bread crumb mixture. (You might also want to keep a napkin close by to wipe your fingers occasionally during this process.)
- Place the fries on the baking sheet and put in the oven for 12 minutes. Flip them over and return them to the oven for about 12 more minutes. The fries should be crispy on the outside and browned.