I'm always trying new jam recipes. This one turned out to be really good.
5 cups apricots, pitted (about 4 pounds)
1 cup of fresh pineapple, cut into small pieces
1 box of pectin
6 cups of sugar
1 tsp butter or margarine
Sterilized jars and lids
- In a food processor, pulse the apricots until they are smooth but not pureed. You can also do this by hand with a potato masher. Do the same with the pineapple and then combine the two fruits into a large pot over the stove.
- Add the pectin and the butter. The butter helps the jam not to foam during the heating process.
- Over medium high heat, heat the mixture until it reaches a boil that doesn't stop when you stir it.
- At this point add the sugar. Cook until it reaches a boil again and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour in sterilized jars and process in a water bath canner for 10 minutes.