Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Open Faced Omelet





This is a great breakfast or a light dinner. I made it just as written and I liked it a lot. My kids don't appreciate broccoli as much as I do. They ate it, but if I made it again I would substitute spinach for the broccoli.






1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup chopped, sweet red pepper
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 1/2 cups cubed, cooked ham
1 cup frozen hash browns, thawed
10 eggs
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese



  • In a 9 or 10 inch skillet coated with cooking spray, saute broccoli, red pepper, and onions until crisp tender. Add ham and hash browns. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.

  • In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and pepper. Pour over vegetables. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with cheese and cook for another few minutes until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment